Space Science USA
School Space & Science Student Tour of USA
NASA’s Kennedy Space Center is home the only place in the world where you can walk under the largest rocket ever flown, touch an actual moon rock, meet a veteran NASA astronaut, experience the International Space Station and stand nose-to-nose with Atlantis – all in the same day.
This tour will captivate students as they learn about the past, present and future of space science. Combining learning and fun this is the perfect recipe for a hugely successful tour. Check out the sample itinerary below, we can be super flexible on the activities and inclusions each day and customise as required.
Check out what Darwin High School have planned for an epic USA STEM adventure!
Welcome to the Sunshine State Group orientation of Orlando with optional visit to downtown Disney depending on arrival time
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex View the Space Shuttle Atlantis, Apollo/Saturn V Center, Rocket Garden, stop for lunch with a real life veteran astronaut and finish up at the Atlantis shuttle launch experience
Orlando Activity Day Enjoy a morning discovery with a Physics & Free-fall workshop followed by a 1 minute flight at the Orlando I-Fly, embark on an Eco-tour of the Florida Everglades, finish at an iconic American sports game at one of Florida’s top venues for NBA or NFL!
Kennedy Space Center Educational Programme This will be a hands-on programme providing students with an interdisciplinary look at science and technology through workshops and simulators based on authentic space training similar to ones used by NASA astronauts. Along with thought provoking demonstrations to help students understand the most challenging science concepts.
Discovery day trip Head south to the Edison & Ford Winter estate to learn firsthand how the ingenuity,and creativity of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford changed American business, industry and the world, spend the rest of your afternoon at the stunning Clearwater beach before heading back to Orlando
Theme Park Day Let your imagination run wild at either a Universal Studios or Walt Disney World Theme Park. An entire universe of action, thrills and excitement - don’t forget to ask about the additional educational workshops available!
Departure Day Finish off with a visit to one of the huge American shopping malls before heading to the airport for your journey home.
- 6 nights accommodation - 3* standard (students multi-share, staff twin share)
- All transport included
- Daily continental breakfast & evening meals
- Expert Tour Guide
- Group orientation on arrival into Orlando
- Entry to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor complex to include a bus tour, admission to Atlantis, IMAX Theatre and Saturn V Center
- Banquet style lunch with a veteran NASA Astronaut
- I-fly Orlando Physics & freefall workshop with a 1 minute flight
- Eco-tour of Florida Everglades by airboat
- Entry to a sports game (schedule dependent)
- Kennedy Space Center Educational Field Trip Programme
- Entry and educational tour of the Edison & Ford Winter estate
- Afternoon at the stunning Clearwater beach
- Entry to either a Universal Studios or Walt Disney World Theme Park
- Visit to either Florida or Millenia Mall
- Student Tour packs include some local treats!
- Past history and present developments of Space Science
- Hands-on practical workshop geared towards STEM students
- Teamwork, leadership, decision-making: from mission control to space transport to space station, trainees gain personal and professional insights that profoundly impact futures
- Environmental studies element in Florida’s Everglades unique eco-system