School Snow Tour of New Zealand - Queenstown
Spend 8 days in Queenstown, the Adventure Capital of the New Zealand and undoubtedly the best place in the southern hemisphere to soak up the winter vibe. This tour includes 4 different ski resorts with a break day to experience the true kiwi lifestyle with adventure and adrenaline fueled activities!
Queenstown Arrive into Queenstown, group orientation
The Remarkables Hit the slopes at The Remarkables ski resort (ski pass, lesson and hire included each day)
The Remarkables Another full day of shredding at the Remarks - it is well and truly a remarkable experience - hit the terrain park, chill at the ice cafe or hike to the chutes and find powder for days.
Queenstown Enjoy a morning of thrills on Thunder Jet ride across Lake Wakatipu. This afternoon we head over to Skyline and enjoy a scenic Gondola ride, followed by some Luge fun, a Maori Haka Show & delicious buffer dinner feast!
Coronet Peak Explore the ‘The Peak of Perfection’ and if you’re feeling fit enough stick around until sunset as you get to ski or board under the stars!
Cardrona Discover Cardrona’s dry and high terrain with some of the best snow and world class facilities that attract the top pro athletes every year.
Treble Cone Check out Treble Cone which is home to the longest vertical rise in the Southern Lakes District - an absolute leg burner that’s totally worth it!
Queenstown Free time this morning before you depart Queenstown for your journey home
- 7 nights hostel/lodge style accommodation (student multi share, staff twin share)
- Daily continental breakfasts and evening meals
- All transport included
- Expert Haka Snow Tour Manager
- 5 day ski pass to The Remarkables, Coronet Peak, Cardrona Alpine Resort, & Treble Cone Resort
- 5 days group ski or snowboard lessons
- 5 days ski or snowboard hire including helmets
- Thunder Jet – Jetboating adventure
- Skyline return gondola to include the Haka Cultural experience, 3 Luge rides and delicious buffet dinner
- Optional extra evening entertainment package available to include ice skating, bowling, cinema, karaoke and more.
- Student Tour packs include some Haka treats!
- Acquisition of new skills
- Develop mobility, balance, fitness, coordination, strength & stamina
- Understand the effect of altitude on the body
- Contextualize classroom studies
- Develop ideas to enhance experience on return to the classroom, for example: blog, facebook page, photo album, projects, school assembly
- Adapt to the environment - Your guide will be on hand to discuss the stunning scenery, local geography and the importance of the environment to NZ
- Strengthen team spirit
- Communication and problem solving
REAL LIFE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
- Manage own finances and budget, calculate exchange rates
- Responsibility - time keeping, being correctly equipped, personal hygiene, behavior
- Exposure to a new culture, surrounding and environment
- Create memories and life-long friendships