School Ski Trip Japan
School Ski Trip Japan
Hakuba is the most popular ski resort in Japan which hosted the Olympic Winter Games in 1998. The Valley is only a few hours from Tokyo city away by bus or bullet train. Hakuba has a great variety of terrain with 9 resorts and over 200 runs and has an average of 14 metres of snow a season! Check out our infographic on why you should consider this tour here.
We’ve also included a flexible Tokyo stop over either side and can arrange a variety of cultural experiences for your students.
Tokyo Fly to Japan arrive into Tokyo. We start with a Tokyo orientation to include some of the following top sights, Ueno Park, Meiji Shinto Shrine and the Asakusa Kannon Temple.
Toyko to Hakuba Further sightseeing this morning in Tokyo before we depart for Hakuba by bus or bullet train. Tonight you will experience a Japanese banquet and sushi making workshop.
Hakuba Hit the slopes and each day you will have a half or full day of ski school to include equipment hire and ski pass.
Hakuba Explore more of Japan’s largest and renowned ski resort Hakuba.
Hakuba Another full day on the snow and as you sharpen those turns you can discover more of Hakuba valley as there’s actually 9 different resorts! Take a relaxing soak this evening in a traditional Japanese bath - Onsen.
Hakuba Make the most of your last day on the snow in this world class resort.
Hakuba to Tokyo Check out this the world famous Jigokudani wild monkey on a Snow Monkey Tour this morning. We’ll then head back to Tokyo this afternoon and witness impressive views over to Mt Fuji from the Tokyo Tower.
Departure Day Depart Tokyo today and head home with lifelong memories of your Japan experience.
- 7 nights accommodation - Hostel/Lodge standard (students multi-share, staff twin share)
- All transport included
- Daily continental breakfast & evening meals
- Expert Haka Tour Guide
- Guided Tokyo sightseeing tour
- 4 Day Snow package to include, lift pass, group lessons, & ski or snowboard hire
- Hakuba Valley Activity day to include: Snow Mokeys, Onsen Pools, Sushi Making
- Student tour packs with some Haka treats!
- Acquisition of new skills
- Develop mobility, balance, fitness, coordination, strength & stamina
- Understand the effect of altitude on the body
- Contextualize classroom studies
- Develop ideas to enhance experience on return to the classroom, for example: blog, facebook page, photo album, projects, school assembly
- Adapt to the environment - Your guide will be on hand to discuss the stunning scenery, local geography
- Strengthen team spirit
- Communication and problem solving
REAL LIFE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
- Manage own finances and budget, calculate exchange rates
- Responsibility - time keeping, being correctly equipped, personal hygiene, behavior
- Exposure to a new culture, surrounding and environment
- Create memories and life-long friendships