School Eco Tour of New Zealand’s North Island
Join us on the ultimate eco-adventure tour of the North Island. Discover breathtaking scenery, awesome adventure activities and experience a truly unique culture and diverse environment.
Respect this beautiful environment and reduce your impact by choosing to travel with us in eco-style which involves camping, cooking as a group and exploring on foot wherever possible.
This 9 day tour showcases the kiwi lifestyle so dig out your hiking boots, leave your worries at home and experience the real New Zealand!
Auckland to Paihia Kick off with group orientation this morning, before heading through the natural wonders of Goat Island, Waipoua Forest & Ngawha Springs on the way to Paihia
Paihia Scenic hike along the coast this morning, with a free afternoon to explore the stunning Bay of Islands region
Mangawhai Visit the historic Waitangi Treaty Grounds before heading to Mangawhai for a cliff top walk and the option of surfing or stand up paddle-boarding
Coromandel Check out Hot Water Beach, carve your own pendant from bone, and spend the afternoon enjoying the spectacular caves and volcanic islands of this marine reserve on a sea kayaking trip
Rotorua Explore Coromandel’s stunning Cathedral Cove, then stop at Mount Maunganui on the way to Rotorua for some Zorbing fun, and finish the day with a relaxing soak in the hot mineral pools
Tongariro Continue enjoying the geothermal playground of Rotorua with free time for optional activities this morning. In the afternoon we head to Wai o Tapu Thermal Park, and then into Tongariro National Park to set up camp for the night
Taupo Today you will conquer the mighty Tongariro Crossing, rated as the ‘Best day Hike in New Zealand’ and one of the top 10 treks in the world!
Raglan Head to Waitomo - known for its magnificent glowworm caves, and experience this wonderland in the best way possible, by Black Water Rafting! Finish up the day at one of the world’s top surf towns, Raglan, and wind down with a relaxing yoga class
Departure Day Make like the locals and hit the surf this morning with a ‘dawny session’ before heading back to Auckland to begin your journey home
- 7 nights camping (3-4 people per tent)
- 1 night lodge/hostel style accommodation
- Camping equipment: tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, 1 gas cooker per tent and all necessary cooking equipment
- Daily Breakfast and Evening meals
- Expert Haka Educational tour guide
- Transport via private vehicle for the duration of the tour
- Visit Goat Island, a stunning marine reserve
- Enjoy a soak in the natural Ngawha Springs
- Visit the historical Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Visit the mighty Tane Mahuta in the awe inspiring Waipoua forest
- Scenic hike along the coast in Paihia
- Bush walk & Surfing or Stand Up Paddle-Boarding lesson & board hire at Mangawhai
- Carve your own ‘Tiki’ pendant from bone
- Sea Kayaking trip in the spectacular Coromandel Peninsula
- Stunning cliff top walk to Cathedral Cove
- Explore the extraordinary Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Soak in a natural hot pool
- Tongariro Crossing arrangements
- Waitomo Black Water Rafting
- 90 minute Restorative Yoga Class
- Student Tour packs, including some exclusive Haka treats!
- Learn about the strong cultural and historical background of New Zealand
- Explore the natural geothermal activity
- Improve team spirit
- Encourage team collaboration and bonding