School Design & Technology Tour of Japan
Japan’s unique culture makes it a fascinating destination for an educational tour and the capitol, Tokyo is arguably a mecca for technology and science making this the perfect destination for a STEM tour. You will explore the design, production and delivery of innovative tech products, and experience unique culture and cuisine.
This is a perfect tour for those with ambitions to work in computer science with an abundance of educational programmes, workshops and company visits.
Tokyo Fly to Japan, Tokyo orientation to include some of the following top sights, Ueno Park, Meiji Shinto Shrine, the Asakusa Kannon Temple and finish up at the entertaining Shibuya district
Tokyo This morning take a guided tour of Tokyo Ginza District and visit Imperial Palace Plaza and Gardens. Try and time your tour around the Tokyo Game Show it’s a must do for any techie!
Tokyo Another day filled with sightseeing and learning today we visit the Toyota Mega Web, Panasonic Center, and the The National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation that includes a demonstration of the ASIMO Robot. We finish up with a visit to the Tokyo Tower which is a communications and observation tower with impressive views over to Mt Fuji.
Tokyo For your last day in Tokyo we’ve lined up some fantastic visits to the Tokyo National Museum, Ghibli animation Museum, The Sony Plaza showroom, and finish with the NTT Exhibition Hall and WHARF, which will give students a glimpse of the mobile communication environment, its new products, services and visions for the future.
Tokyo - Nikko This morning we’ll check out the Akihabara, the city’s electronic district before taking a sleek, modern train to regal Nikko - watch the breathtaking scenery fly by. The cultural element of the tour starts here as we visit Japan’s most renowned shrines and temples and Niko houses several sacred sites (Toshu-gu Shrine).
Nikko Take a short hike this morning to the cedar-covered shores of Lake Chuzenji and spend the afternoon at the Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura.
Hakone Head to Hakone and take a cruise across Ashino-ko lake followed by a cable car ride through the stunning surrounding mountains and finish with a relaxing dip at the outdoor onsen (hot springs)
Hakone - Hiroshima Jump on board of a bullet train to Hiroshima and take in the city sights on a guided tour to include A-Bomb Dome and Peace Memorial Museum
Hiroshima Today we visit Hiroshima Institute of Technology. Miyajima Park and visit the Itsukushima Shrine.
Departure day Depart from Hiroshima or take a connecting flight back to Tokyo for your journey home
- 9 nights accommodation in shared hostel/lodge style (dorm share – upgrade available)
- 9 x breakfast & evening meals
- Transport for the duration of the tour (coach, train)
- Expert Haka Educational tour guide
- Tokyo orientation tour as outlined in itinerary above
- Organised visits and entry to Toyota Mega Web, Panasonic Center, National Musuem of Emerging Science & Innovation, Tokyo Tower, Tokyo National Musuem, Ghinli Museum, Sony Plaza, NTT Exhibition Hall and WHARF
- Niko Shrines, hike excursion and entry to Eco Wonderland Nikko Edomura
- Cruise across Ashino-ko, cable car ride & Hakone’s outdoor onsen (hot springs)
- Hiroshima city tour to include A-Bomb Dome & Peace Memorial Museum, Miyajima Park and Itsukushima Shrine.
- Entry to the Hiroshima Institute of Technology
- Student Tour packs to include some Haka treats
- Immerse yourselves in new and innovative technology
- A rich cultural experience