School Cricket & Sports Tour of New Zealand
Cricket is New Zealand’s premier summer sport, and schools and clubs across the country are equipped with world-class wicket venues, set in breath-taking locations. Students will be challenged both on and off the pitch, with strong local teams to face, and thrilling adventure and cultural activities in abundance. As always we can tailor the tour to match your requirements and include as many games and clinics as you like.
For a taste on what a typical sports-based tour with us is like, check out what Peterhouse Boys School got up to on their 2016 NZ Rugby Tour!
Auckland Kia Ora - Welcome to Auckland and New Zealand! Find your bearings with a city orientation tour on arrival.
Auckland Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the legendary Eden Park Stadium, before your first match of the tour, against a local school.
Auckland to Hamilton Make the short journey to nearby Hamilton, in time for your second match of the tour against a local side.
Hamilton to Rotorua Travel inland to the Bay of Plenty and Rotorua – the geothermal and cultural hub of New Zealand. Along the way stop at the Hobbiton Movie Set for a guided tour of Middle Earth.
Rotorua This morning get set for your third match of the tour against another local school team, and spend the evening immersing yourself in a very special cultural experience which includes traditional Maori performances and a delicious Hangi feast dinner.
Rotorua to Taupo Continue South to nearby lakeside town Taupo, stopping at the mighty Huka Falls along the way, for some sight-seeing and a chance to soak away any aches and pains in one of the many natural hot springs in the area.
Taupo After match 4 of the tour, the rest of the afternoon is free to further explore picturesque Taupo at your own pace.
Taupo to Wellington Journey South through the Rangipo Desert and Tongariro National Park to the country’s capital – Wellington. On arrival take part in a coaching session at the NZ School of Cricket.
Wellington Your final game against a local side this morning, before checking out the fascinating exhibits and national museum – Te Papa.
Wellington Departure Day
- 9 nights’ accommodation - students same-sex multi-share, teachers twin share (en-suite where possible)
- Daily continental breakfast and evening meals
- Transport for the duration of the tour
- Expert Haka Educational tour guide
- Auckland City sightseeing tour
- Eden Park Stadium Tour
- Hobbiton Movie Set Guided Tour
- Mitai Maori cultural experience, including haka performance & Hangi feast dinner
- Visit to Huka Falls & natural hot pools
- Te Papa Museum
- 5 x cricket matches with local teams
- School of Cricket coaching session
- Student Tour packs including some exclusive Haka treats
- Develop cricket skills
- Strengthen team spirit
- Experience the nature and strong cultural background of New Zealand
- Personal development