Commerce & Culture
China Business Studies & Culture School Tour
China has developed into one of the world’s most powerful and sophisticated economies. With its innovative and daring business strategies, much of the world has endeavored to study what has made this once sleeping giant mighty again.
Start in Hong Kong and witness jaw-dropping state of the art skyscrapers and the ancient and traditional Chinese traditional crafts and cuisine. Then head to the modern hustle and bustle of Shanghai, the new business centre for China. Finish up at Beijing, the home of three major Chinese dynasties over the past 1000 years.
Hong Kong Arrvie into Hong Kong, group orientation
Hong Kong Check out amazing city views from Victoria Peak then this afternoon head to Dialogue in the Dark, a unique exhibition that challenges all your non-visual senses
Hong Kong - Yangshou Enjoy a free morning to explore this wonderful city on foot. This afternoon take a short flight from Hong Kong to Guilin and transfer by bus to Yangshou.
Yangshuo Appreciate the beautiful scenery of the Li River on the morning boat cruise and see the Limestone Karst Mountains and quaint riverside villages and markets.
Yangshuo One of the best ways by far to discover the area Yangshuo is by bike. Following this attend a Tai Chi Lesson and Cooking Class and finish at the amazing Impressions Light Show (Liu San Jie). This is one of the must do’s in Yangshuo. The scenery is used as the stage for the show combining music and light, ethnic songs and dances.
**Yangshuo - Shanghai ** Take a morning flight today to Shanghai and enjoy a city orientation on arrival which will include a walking tour of the Bund.
Shanghai Explore Shanghai’s financial district where over 504 financial and insurance corporations are based. In the afternoon you discover the Volkswagen Company on your Guided Tour and finish with a captivating Chinese Acrobatic Performance.
Shanghai This morning you will visit the Yakult factory guided tour, Jade Buddha Temple, Yuyuan Gardens & Old Town Shanghai before taking a late afternoon flight to Beijing.
Beijing Explore the almost 600 years old Forbidden City. The city belongs to the UNESCO world heritage since 1987 as lots of anci ent treasures and buildings are located within the city. The Tiananmen Square for instance belongs to those sights. You will get closer to it on your guided tour later on as you venture to the Beijing Great Wall and Hutong
Beijing Learn about the story behind Yanjing Brewery Beijing, then visit the Summer Palace and take a boat trip across the lake. Finish with a traditional martial arts and modern theatre show performance at the Shaolin Monk Kung Fu Show.
Beijing Departure Day
- 10 nights accommodation in shared hostel/lodge style (dorm share – upgrade available)
- 10 x Breakfast * Evening Meals
- Transport for the duration of the tour
- Expert Haka Educational tour guide
- Victoria Peak
- Cycle in Yangshuo
- Tai Chi Lesson and Cooking Class
- Boat cruise along the Yangtze River, Three Gorges Dam and Xiling Gorge
- Volkswagen Company Guided Tour
- Orientation Walk of the Bund
- Tour of Shanghai’s financial district (Lujiazui)
- Tiananmen Square Guided Tour
- Company visits (incl. Q&A session)
- Summer Palace and boat trip across the lake
- Olympic Park (+ Bird’s Nest Stadium and Watercube)
- Visit to all museums, temples and shows as mentioned above
- Student Tour packs include some Haka treats
- Discover the operations and logistics of some iconic Chinese companies
- Participate in a workshop where students get to terms with Business in China
- Immersive cultural experience