Snow & Adventure
School Snow & Adventure Tour of New Zealand
Spend about a week in Queenstown, the ‘Adventure Capital’ of New Zealand. This tour includes 4 days on the snow and 2 days to experience the true kiwi lifestyle with adventure and adrenaline fueled activities!
This tour is the perfect duration for the July or September school holidays and includes a good balance of snow and adventure activities to keep students active, entertained and challenged. We’ve also included a cultural activity which adds even more value to the tour and as always can completely customize the inclusions to suit your requirements.
Queenstown Arrive into Queenstown, group orientation
The Remarkables Hit the slopes at The Remarkables ski resort (ski pass, lesson and hire included each day)
The Remarkables Another full day of shredding at the Remarks - it is well and truly a remarkable experience - hit the terrain park, chill at the ice cafe or hike to the chutes and find powder for days.
Queenstown Activity Day Free morning for optional activities - anyone brave enough to try a Bungy or Skydive? This afternoon we head over to Skyline and enjoy a scenic Gondola ride, followed by some Luge fun, a Maori Haka Show & delicious buffer dinner feast!
Coronet Peak Explore the ‘The Peak of Perfection’ - if you’re feeling fit enough stick around until sunset as you get to ski or board under the stars!
Coronet Peak Day two at Coronet Peak, don’t forget to check out Heidi’s hut!
Queenstown Activity Day Check out the newest must do activity to town - ‘The Playground’ which includes Bubble Soccer & Archery Tag. Finish the day in style with the thrilling Shotover Jet!
Queenstown Free time this morning before you depart Queenstown for your journey home…until next time!
- 7 nights hostel/lodge style accommodation (student multi share, staff twin share)
- Daily continental breakfasts and evening meals
- All transport included
- Expert Haka Snow Tour Manager
- 4 day ski pass to The Remarkables & Coronet Peak,
- 4 days group ski or snowboard lessons
- 4 days ski or snowboard hire including helmets
- Shotover Jet
- Skyline return gondola to include the Haka Cultural experience, 3 Luge rides and delicious buffet dinner
- Playground Bubble Soccer & Archery Tag
- Optional extra evening entertainment package available to include ice skating, bowling, cinema, karaoke and more.
- Student Tour packs include some Haka treats!
- Acquisition of new skills
- Develop mobility, balance, fitness, coordination, strength & stamina
- Understand the effect of altitude on the body
- Contextualize classroom studies
- Develop ideas to enhance experience on return to the classroom, for example: blog, facebook page, photo album, projects, school assembly
- Adapt to the environment - Your guide will be on hand to discuss the stunning scenery, local geography and the importance of the environment to NZ
- Strengthen team spirit
- Communication and problem solving
REAL LIFE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
- Manage own finances and budget, calculate exchange rates
- Responsibility - time keeping, being correctly equipped, personal hygiene, behavior
- Exposure to a new culture, surrounding and environment
- Create memories and life-long friendships