European Art & Classics Tour
European Art & Classics Tour
Give your students the opportunity to step back in time and immerse themselves in the culture, history, languages, art, philosophy, religion and literature on this extensive 13-Day Art History & Classical Studies tour.
Students will have the chance to visit the very sites that have formed and influenced the development of the Western civilisation as we know it today. In this sample extended tour itinerary we travel to Athens, Delphi, Rome, Vatican City, Florence, Verona, Venice – but we can always adjust the tour to your school’s needs.
See where Western Springs College are going on their fully immersed Classics and History Tour to Germany and Greece in 2019!
Arrive in Athens and spend some time exploring the city.
Today you will visit the historic sites of the Acropolis and Parthenon. Finishing off the day with an educational workshop at the Acropolis Museum.
We will depart on a day trip today by coach to Delphi. Here you will visit the Delphi Archaeological Museum, Delphi Stadium and the home of a legendary oracle, the Temple of Apollo.
Today you will visit the National Museum of Contemporary Art and the Corinth Canal and in the afternoon, we will travel down the coast to visit the Temple of Poseidon and view the fabulous sunset from Cape Sounion.
This morning we will depart Greece and fly over to Rome, Italy! On arrival, you will embark on a walking tour which will include the Piazza del Popolo, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona and Campo dei Fiore.
Today you will step back in time as you explore the grounds of the Imperial Forum and the Colosseum, ending the day with panoramic views overlooking the city at Palatine Hill.
Head over to Vatican City to visit the St Peter’s Basilica and for an educational tour of the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel.
Explore the tombs and crypts of the Catacombs of St Callixtus and the second largest Roman Baths of Caracalla.
Travel by train from Rome to Florence. On arrival, you will embark on a walking tour which will include the Gates of Paradise, Piazza della Signoria, Giotto’s Campanile, Vasari Corridor and the Ponte Vecchio.
This morning, you will visit the home of Michelangelo’s sculpture ‘David’ at the Academia Gallery and climb the top of cupola at The Duomo (Florence Cathedral). This afternoon you will have the chance to show off your cooking skills at a Tuscan Cooking Class.
Today we will travel by train to Venice with a stop on route to Verona. Here you will visit, The Arena, Juliet’s House, Juliet’s Tomb and the Lamberti’s tower.
Your day will start with a walking tour which will include St Mark’s Square, the Clocktower, Basilica, Bridge of Sighs, Rialto Bridge and the Grand Canal. You will also have time for a Gondola Ride before your Venetian Mask Making Workshop.
On your final day, you will visit the many exhibits of the Doge’s Palace before heading to the airport to start your journey back home!
- International & Domestic flights as outlined
- 12 nights’ accommodation in shared hostel/lodge style (dorm share – upgrade available)
- Daily continental breakfast and evening meals
- Transportation for the duration of the tour as outlined
- Train journeys as outlined
- Expert Haka Educational Tours Guide
- Acropolis/Parthenon Admission
- Acropolis Museum Educational Workshop
- Delphi Archaeological Museum/Delphi Stadium/Temple of Apollo Admission
- National Museum of Contemporary Art & Temple of Poseidon Admission
- Corinth Canal & Sunset at Cape Sounion
- Rome City Walk (Piazza del Popolo/Spanish Steps/Trevi Fountain/Pantheon/Piazza Navona, Campo dei Fiore)
- Imperial Forum/Colosseum/Palatine Hill Admission
- St Peter’s Basilica/Vatican City Admission
- Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel Educational Tour
- Catacombs of St Callixtus/Baths of Caracalla Admission
- Florence City Walk (Gates of Paradise/Piazza della Signoria/Giotto’s Campanile/Vasari Corridor/Ponte Vecchio)
- Academia Gallery/The Duomo Admission
- Tuscan Cooking Class
- Verona City Walk (The Arena/Juliet’s House/Juliet’s Tomb/Lamberti’s tower)
- Venice City Walk (St Mark’s Square & Clocktower & Basilica, Bridge of Sights, Rialto Bridge & grand canal)
- Gondola Ride
- Venetian Mask Making Workshop
- Doge’s Palace Admission
- Increase students understanding of the cultural and historical background of Greece & Italy
- Classical Studies immersion
- Language learning opportunities
- Culinary experience
- Time Management
- Experience in traveling in foreign countries